Thursday, August 23, 2012

You are what you eat.. uh duhh



I could not have the conscious clarity that I do if I did not eat as clean as I do. I would not feel as amazing and energized as I do if I did not eat as clean as I do. I do not limit myself to any of the eating labels (vegan, vegetarian, rawist..) I simply listen to my body and respect its wishes. It has taken me about 4 years to decipher my body's needs and gain the discipline to clean out and balance the acid and the alkaline. Back and forth, back and forth, until I had enough of the discomfort that came along with eating "dirty". For those of you who do not yet know, indigestion is not natural, neither is constipation or laziness or depression or obesity or malnourishment or headaches. All of those are indications that whatever you are putting into your body is not GOOD for your body. Your body is having a hard time handling it. Your body is working way overtime to digest. So, finally I am at a place where I am not so tempted to eat a whole baguette with butter and 10lbs of brie followed by some warm chocolate flour cake Mmmm..ok, maybe a little tempted.. actually, no, not really.. but these days I dedicate my life to FULLY LOVING myself, which means that every action I take, every word that I say, every word that I hear(there is a way to listen without ingesting the energy that it holds), everything I ingest into my body, everything I put ON my body, everywhere I place my body, must benefit the ABSOLUTE well being of my ENTIRE body. No more inner or outer toxins are welcomed into my world UNLESS you are someone sincerely seeking guidance AWAY from your own toxicities. Not only have I helped myself, but I now have and will continue to help others back into pure, clean, living*
I am so grateful for the knowledge and care of those who have been part of my journey back to my truth! Thank you, you know who you all are. 
I eat like this.. WHOLE FOODS- nothing processed-always organic-sometimes my body wants some meat on the rare occasion, I'll eat some locally farmed organic meat where I know the animal has been carefully nurtured and nutritiously fed, if it is available, but as of late, although I have been wanting meat, I just can't bring myself to eat it. Farmer's markets for ultimate freshness!!! NO dairy except for a little goat cheese here and there..not so harsh on the system and I simply can't imagine my life without it. Oh goat cheese, how I love thee.. let me count the ways.. Fresh juices and smoothies daily. Gluten free, wheat-free diet. Wild grain rices (careful for the quinoa, it's a seed that pokes holes through your intestinal lining, wild rices are good) INSANE amount of deep colored veggies and fruits! Natural sugars! I can't believe I hardly eat sugar.. I was a sugar feign my entire life! So for my sweet tooth I do Coconut ice cream, more fruit in creative tasty ways and natural peanut butter. Lots of fresh ginger for digestion! FILTERED WATER! MUCHO!
In order for us to live at our fullest potential, we must flush out all of the poisons that we have been fed, physically AND mentally. For a clean mental space, we need a clean physical space. 
Only in our purest form are we able to receive our Divine messages and respond in our Divine way.

Hope this inspires anyone wanting to get back to their better selves, your t r u e selves
To fully love yourself, you must fully love e v e r y part of yourself!
We are Divine creatures, we must understand what that means and act accordingly*
Here's to living in healthy Divine love***

There's always so much more to GROW!
Let's keep PUSHING!

Photo: Sophia's Pink Mash up - sauteed kale, zucchini, grated beet, almonds, raisins, avocado, flax seeds, seaweed, over wild rice

Here are two links you may find helpful if you are beginning your cleansing, or wanting to:
http://bodyecology.com/articles/risks_consuming_grains.php#.UDal5M1wfLY

http://bodyecology.com/articles/risks_consuming_grains.php#.UDal5M1wfLY

The other side of quinoa you may want to read and consider before going quinoa crazy as so many have and are, including myself:
http://brent.kearneys.ca/2011/07/28/is-quinoa-healthy/

http://brent.kearneys.ca/2011/07/28/is-quinoa-healthy/

No comments:

Post a Comment