Sunday, May 11, 2014

Whole - Broken - Whole


We come into this world whole
If we do not have the proper protection
the evils of the world can reach us
and break us
sometimes fast
sometimes slow
Do you remember the first time you felt pain?
The first time your innocence was darkened?
Do you remember your innocence?
Innocence. . . . . .
Some enter this world already in a broken state
through a cloudy tunnel
into a realm of chaos
If we could only climb back in
to where we came from
the coldness seems too much for our fragile selves to bare
though we thought we could
So we do
Because we can
Because we are here to learn again
To learn anew

I knew the tender Spirit of God as a child, we would play together when no one was looking. How sweet life was then. But when I began to feel pain in my life, I let His hand go.
And went on my own.
On my own, all alone, searching for what I'd just let go of
"Oh hurt child of mine, I will wait for your return. Though you have let me go, I will never let go of you. I will be ten steps ahead of you, and ten steps behind you, and ten steps above you, and ten steps below you. Always, always, with you."
Finally, the day came. My clothes torn, my body unbathed, bruised and scarred. Who is this person I have become?
"I give up! I give up this way of my own! I give up all that I know! I know nothing now that I have sunk so low!"
And like the passing of a storm, the dark clouds move fast away and the light and warmth of the sun come shinning down on me...
"My love...My LOVE...My LOVE!!! YOUR LOVE!!! YOUR LOVE *IS* MY LOVE!!! AND I AM YOUR LOVE!!! Ohhhh I remember....I remember....
Now I remember...
I remember!!!
and now..
I will never---
never---
forget."

No comments:

Post a Comment